From:
Mark Lewin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark Lewin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Dec 1998 10:56:38 -0500
In a continuing (seemingly never-ending) quest
to keep my hockey on the net list up to date,
I spent some time surfing Friday night to try
to confirm or re-confirm some of the addresses
previously listed.

I have UMass Amherst listed using Windows media player.
I've only heard their broadcast once (against Air Force)
and know of at least 2 games when the broadcast was not
available. Anyone know of a site where their broadcast schedule
might be published?

I have yet to pick up Merrimack broadcasts. Although broadcast.com
lists a large number of games to be broadcast, including both
Thursday and Friday's game against Providence, their page lacks
a listen button. This leaves one to ponder the philosophical
question: if a game is broadcast over the net but there is no
URL to the game, did the broadcast really exist???

I had listened to both Minnesota-Duluth and Ohio State via
broadcast.com early this season. Their links on broadcast.com
no longer exist. I assume there was a contract problem and
the games are no longer broadcast. I will be dropping these
links from hockey on the net. Can anyone confirm or clarify the
situation?

I have an address of WRUV in Burlington,VT (http://www.uvm.edu/wruv.ram )
which claims it will
broadcast "some" UVM home games on "some" Friday nights. I have never
heard a game broadcast. Has anyone else?

Notre Dame is listed as broadcasting at http://www.lesea.com/harvest.ram
There have been numerous games not carried at that address. Anyone know
whether there is a schedule of games posted somewhere?

I have yet to pick up a brodcast at Yale (Windows media player).
Anyone know what their hockey broadcasting schedule is?

I have been connecting to the Union broadcasts at
http://www.vu.union.edu/~realmedia/wruclive.ram for years now.
This year, Realmedia connects properly, the banner says I'm connected
to WRUC live, the clock starts running but there is no sound. Anyone
else having this problem? Am I having selective hearing loss as a result
of Union's victory over RPI a few week's ago?

In addition, let me plug a web site for those with access to the web.
Eric Carlson at UAF keeps an excellent site of schools broadcating hockey
on the net. In addition, every Thursday night, he updates the page
for the next week's games so they're just a mouse click away.
While my hockey on the net list can be used for informational purposes
or to get to archived games, if you're looking to listen to a game
and don't know the schedule, go to:

http://www.ptialaska.net/~carlsonj/uafhockey/lhockey.html
Mark Lewin
RPI '69