From:
"Edward N. Moller" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Edward N. Moller
Date:
Thu, 19 Nov 1998 10:21:42 -0500
On Wed, 18 Nov 1998 16:49:33 EST Randy May wrote:

> I have been to Wisconsin, Denver, Minnesota and Colorado College home games
> and Wisconsin fans are light years ahead of the rest in terms of intensity.
> 10,000 of them sound like 20,000 NHL fans most nights.

I've never seen a game in Madison, but I love the Badger fans.  I got to know
them and learned to admire them when they were being sore losers in the 1978
Phinal Phour.  They follow their team everywhere, and they make themselves
known.  I particularly like the guys who wear the red striped overalls.
They're nuts.  The best line I heard about Wisconsin fans is courtesy of the
Boston Globe's Bob Ryan while attending a Phinal Phour at North Dakota:

"For some reason there are 3,000 people who think that the only reason why they
were put on this earth is to root for their Badgers."

Please don't anyone get angry with me for remembering them as sore losers.  I'm
a BU fan.  We're famous for being sore losers.

--
Edward N. Moller
Controller