From:
"Kretsch, Ken" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kretsch, Ken
Date:
Wed, 18 Nov 1998 15:24:44 -0500
Folks,

I remember this was discussed in Ken Burns's "Baseball". As near as I can
remember, it was during the later months of WWI, when the Yanks had
(finally) joined.  During the 7th inning stretch of a Chicago White Sox game
the band spontaneously struck up the Star Spangled Banner. The crowd was so
enthusiastic that they did it again the next day. and the next, and the
next...

Ken Kretsch
BU '79