From:
Bob Griebel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 10 Nov 1998 14:48:51 EST
In a message dated 98-11-10 13:49:21 EST, [log in to unmask] writes:

<< Thanks to the Hockey-L webmasters for posting the message about the
 Libby/LockMonsters page. It's an excellent page and there are many, many
 postings on the messageboard from all over the country. The more the
 merrier. For those who may not have seen the posting, the address is:
 http://members.tripod.com.~LockMonsters/libby.html. >>

     I'm not adding news about Jeff's condition, but about one ISP to stay
away from if you want to send best wishes to someone in Jeff's situation or
discuss college hockey.

     I copied yesterday's Hockey-L message about where to send encouragement
to Jeff to the college hockey board of AOL.  This morning, it had been removed
by AOL because the URL which was included in the message's text  (not a
hyperlink) constituted, in AOL's standardized violation notice terms, "Links
that lead directly to Non-[AOL] Message boards and or Chat."

     That the person making that determination had to know the purpose of the
message in order to read far enough to find a text-formatted URL and went to
the trouble of visiting the site to determine its purpose are things that have
convinced current AOL members they're dealing with a truly slime-bucket
organization.   That didn't become apparent only recently, but it's soared to
intolerable levels this season.

     In that regard, there's a small host of past AOL regulars looking for new
ISPs and we'd appreciate any opinions about where to join the best college
hockey discussion boards.

Bob Griebel