From:
David Morgenstern <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 20 Oct 1998 15:25:08 -0400
To:   HOCKEY-L
The Hockey East ad/article also said that Maine was last year's regular
season champion when in fact they were 6th.

I was surprised to see so much college content.  I have been a THN
subscriber for a long time and this was the most ever at this time of year.
Too bad they made so many errors.  Nice try I guess.

But we shouldn't be surprised, the headline of the issue 2 weeks ago (maybe
3) was about former "LEDGENDS" of the game.  They can't even proofread the
headline.

In case anyone out there is wondering, they pick BC to win the title.  But
before any BC fans get too excited, I can't remember the last time THN, or
any of their columnists for that matter, made a prediction that came true.
(For example, this year they are picking the Wings to repeat in the NHL
solely because they didn't pick them to repeat last year.  Actually, the
headline of the prediction article last year was, "Why Wings Won't
Repeat".)