From:
David Parter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Parter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Oct 1998 16:31:19 -0500
> I don't know this for a fact, but I would assume the games in Madison will
> be played at the new Kohl Center on the UW-Madison campus.  Wisconsin has
> been using this facility since January.  Remarkably, the long-term plan is
> to have men's and women's basketball and men's and women's hockey in the
> Kohl Center.  That's 4 overlapping winter sports, sounds like a scheduling
> nightmare to me.

The West Regional is at the Dane County Coliseum, NOT the Kohl Center.

The first hockey game at the Kohl Center will be the Hall of Fame game
this saturday night (Wisconsin vs. Notre Dame).

Womens Hockey starts next fall, and as of yet they have not announced
where the games will be played. There has been public discussion about
using the Coliseum or possibly one of the local rinks.

        --david