From:
Ralph Baer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ralph Baer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Sep 1998 07:26:06 -0400
Thanks to Robb Newman for his statement about which arenas are best
for broadcast.  I had not considered that, nad it must way in the
decision of which games to broadcast.

>Dartmouth at RPI is a mystery to me - Dartmouth has been bad
>for years, but they get a home and an away game?  Anyone care to
>comment on
>any special "rivalry" between these two schools?

I was going to comment on the RPI-Dartmouth game with my original
message, but I decided not to, in order not to anger the woof Gods.
However, now that I am asked, I cannot think of an ECAC team that
interests me less than Dartmouth.  In my ten years at RPI, RPI
played Dartmouth once -- in the 1973 Holiday tourney at RPI.
Indeed, RPI had not played Dartmouth since 1908 at that time.  In
recent years, with mandatory scheduling, RPI has played Dartmouth
regularly, and indeed many of the recent games have been close,
however, I don't think that it is a rivalry in any sense of the
word.  Others' opinions might differ.

Now, I am sure that I have guaranteed a 10-3 Dartmouth victory.

>P.S.  It's nice that all of the games are in the second semester -
>that
>saves me two months of DirecTV payments!

That reminds me that I subscribed to 20 or so sports channels on
Primestar primarily to watch the NESN and Empire ECAC broadcasts.
Well, it is nice watching all of those Australian Rules Football
shows. ;-)

Ralph Baer
RPI '689, '70, '74