From:
Debbie Somers <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Debbie Somers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Jun 1998 11:44:59 -0500
Adam Wodon said:

>As I've pointed out, there are WAAAY more D-III teams than D-I in all
>sports.

This is simply not true.  According to the NCAA's webpage dealing with this
issue, http://www.ncaa.org/sponssummary.html of the 19 men's sports,
Division III leads in 10 sports by a total of 182 (out of 7582 teams).  This
hardly supports Adam's sweeping statement.  Of the 16 sponsored women's
sports, Division III leads in 10 sports by a total of 345 (out of 7,649).
So, out of a total of 15,231 men's and women's teams, Division III leads by
527.

And, if anyone really cares, I can forward the spreadsheet ;)

Debbie Somers
UW-Stevens Point Hockey
http://athletics.uwsp.edu/hockey