From:
Adam Wodon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Adam Wodon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Jun 1998 10:25:09 -0500
>The "haves" of hockey for some reason always have tried to keep the
game
>for themselves.  For instance, the NHL kept their tidy little group of
6
>teams the major league of hockey for years until the clamor for big
>league hockey in the rest of North America caused it to expand.  Even
>then, the keepers of the game (which were located in Montreal) were
very
>reluctant to "let go" of their control of the game.  College hockey as
>well has been for years the "property" of the "elite schools" in the
Ivy
>League and elsewhere.  When schools want to develop Division I
programs,
>the members of the club seem reluctant to allow the expansion.

Do you have ANY evidence whatsoever that the IVY schools and/or the
so-called other elites want to prevent the existance of more D-1 teams?

Or are you grasping at straws that don't even exist?

Are some people hesistant about allowing new teams into their
conference?  Yes

But it's usually the smaller schools that are concerned, not the bigger
ones.

And furthermore, I don't think any school doesn't want D-1 to grow.

I can give you boatloads of quotes to contradict what you say.  Can you
give one substantiation of what you are throwing out there?

AW