From:
Bob Saunders <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 9 Apr 1998 22:50:45 -0400
I sat in Section 20, row 16. Two BC students who weren't there for the
Thursday
games, sat directly in front of me about two rows down. . Actually, sat
is a bad
description they stood for any cause including face offs and breathing.
Being on
the staff at Northeastern, I desperately wanted  to root for our league
and BC. I did
 for awhile.

When the game ended, I didn't feel that sense of loss one usually has
when their
team comes up short. The look on these two kids faces almost made their
obstruction worthwhile.

Actually all the foregoing is a bit tongue-in-cheek but I did yell at
them.  I took
some solace in having recruited Josh Langfeld a few years back. I tried
convince him to come to Boston when he was playing in the  Frontier
League.
I think he played for Great Falls.  He wavered and I think then decided
to go
another year of Juniors and play in the USHL. The rest is history.

I did try to catch up  with the Hockey-L'ers. Everytime I went down to
Section 16,
all were firmly engrossed in each other and I couldn't find a covenient
point to
interrupt and still be polite.  The same thing happened in Minnesota when
we were
in the Mariucci tournament, except that I was the eye-in-the-sky there
and had
to rush down to the locker room between periods. Ah well - one of these
days, I'll
interrupt. I hope you let me.

Bob Saunders

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]