From:
Bruce Spencer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bruce Spencer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Apr 1998 17:48:53 -0400
After reading the posts on ticket selling over the past few days I thought
I would relate two personal experiences.

1.  Somone I know had tickets to the final on Saturday night and gave them
to me that afternoon because UNH was not playing in the game.  I called
several people and none of them could make the game on such short notice so
my son and I decided to give them away.  Since our seats were in the second
row of the balcony and the others were in loge 20 we kept the lower seats.
We decided to give them away because we did not pay for them even though
several people we knew when we got to Boston said we were crazy not to
resell them.  Listening to the stories on scalping I'm glad we didn't
because with our luck we would have ended up at the local police station.
We did make sure that we gave them to two BC students (sorry Michigan
students) because many of the people looking for tickets were obviously
looking to buy cheap and resell for a profit.  It felt good to make two
students very happy that they would get to see the game.

2.  For the UNH/Michigan game my son won two tickets from a local radio
station (we used these tikcets).  He had to be the 107th caller and answer
3 questions about UNH hockey.  On the tickets it says something about they
cannot be used in contests or raffles (I don't have the stub with me to get
the exact wording).  Did anyone else hear of any contests to give away
tickets?  What would be the violation or penalty for doing so and, more
importantly, how could it be enforced?

Bruce Spencer
UNH '71