From:
"Eric J. Burton" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Eric J. Burton
Date:
Mon, 6 Apr 1998 13:29:45 -0500
On Sat, 4 Apr 1998, Jim Walker wrote:
> I'm going to send a second letter after the tournament is over, in which
> I'll show my  gratitude again for their coverage and give some friendly,
> constructive criticism on how to improve the coverage in the future.  I know
> it's important not to flame them but it's also important to let them know
> how they can improve.

        No offense but these guys have been doing hockey for a long time.
I thought they did all right. They are entitled to a few mistakes, and
they spend most of their time covering the NHL. So what if they got a few
things wrong, I doubt Steven E. any of the staff would take much weight in
your comments. The game were of high quality and I thought for the most part
the comments of the announcer were pretty good. They talked about the end
line, no red line, and everybody hits. I think you might see these
changes in the NHL in the future as they want to get more offense into
the NHL. I thought the NC$$ did a pretty good job putting on a good title
series. Thanks ESPN you did great. However, I did not see RI play in
either game on thursday. :)

        Eric J. Burton
        The "Fan"
        1997-98 WCHA Fighting Sioux Hockey
        1998 MacNaughton Cup Champs (Back-to-Back)
        1997-98 Boston Bruins Hockey Team
        NHL Hockey the Coolest Game on the Planet