From:
Jim Walker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jim Walker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Apr 1998 11:32:45 -0800
>>Although it was tough to endure, I guess it beats not
>>being able to see the game.
>
>Hear, hear....
>
>If we all send our comments to ESPN, things will be better in time.
>I would suggest no flaming or blasting the commentary, as we're lucky
>to get it, period. Not to mention that we've been screaming at ESPN
>to cover hockey for years, anyway.

I've already sent one message to ESPN before the tournament started.  I
thanked them for showing the games and suggesting that they consider
expanding their coverage next season.  Maybe showing a couple of games
between top teams during the season when there's a slow night in the other
"major" sports.  I also let them know that I would have purchased the PPV
games had they been offered by my cable company.  I think this is important
since they may view a small PPV audience as a bad sign, even if it was due
to a lot of cable companies not offering the games.

I'm going to send a second letter after the tournament is over, in which
I'll
show my  gratitude again for their coverage and give some friendly,
constructive criticism on how to improve the coverage in the future.  I know
it's important not to flame them but it's also important to let them know
how
they can improve.

All in all, it's a good sign that they're putting in the time and effort to
cover
the entire tournament and not just the title game.

Jim Walker