From:
David Morgenstern <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 27 Mar 1998 07:45:35 -0500
To:   HOCKEY-L

If there is anything we hate more than New Yorkers, it's people from other
places telling New Yorkers why we hate them.  We are
quite capable of doing that all by ourselves :)

Back to hockey, maybe someone can clear this up for me.  I just read in The
 Globe (used to be the best paper BTW, until those
hated people at the NY Times bought it :) that the games this weekend are
on PPV unless you have DirectTV or Echostar.  Now what
the hell does that mean?  Everyone wonders why our game gets so little
recognition, maybe it is because no one can get any
information out in a way that doesn't cause a million questions.  Does this
 mean that since I have Primestar I have to get PPV, even
though I already pay for the channels that are covering the game?  But
someone with DirectTV gets it free?  Who comes up with
this stuff?

Adam Wodon wrote:
> >I'm a New Yorker who has been sentenced to live in Massachusetts, but
> >I find that I can tolerate the lack of R's in the language as well
> >as the fact that everyone around here hates New Yorkers, because
> >Boston is such a great TOWN to visit.
>
> Ditto.  I almost hate saying how great Boston is because people there
> hate New Yorkers (and everywhere, by the way).  But Boston is just  a
> great city, especially, for me, Harvard Square.
You guys just don't understand Bostonians; it's not that they hate you,
it's just that they're *better* than you are.
How many Bostonians does it take to change a light bulb?  (I originally
told this one about Michigan alumni.)
Only one.  And boy does that make them feel superior to the rest of us.
J. Michael Neal