From:
MJStacey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 22 Mar 1998 15:01:13 EST
In a message dated 3/22/98 2:51:03 PM, [log in to unmask] wrote:

<<OK, here I go.

MICHIGAN WILL BOW OUT EARLY IN THE NCAA'S

Michigan looked VERY mediocre against Notre Dame and looked even worse
against Ohio State. Turco looked terrible, and made some stupid
decisions that lead to goals.  Especially the poke check out near the
blue line that lead to a goal.  The inexperience of this Michigan team
will pit them against a team they don't want to play (Do we hear B.C. or
B.U. calling?), and they will lose in the first round.

Pat

Michigan State Spartans
1998 CCHA Champs

While I don't disagree that the Wolverines have played and looked extremely
mediocre since a tromping by the Spartans in late February, you can't count
out the fact that Michigan has an excellent coach (Red Berenson) and decent
senior leadership (Muckalt, Turco, Herr, Fox).  I think this combination, a
decent pairing in the first round, and the home-ice advantage will help
Michigan out.  Don't put it past U of M to make it into the second round
against NoDak.  I highly doubt it, but they may even make it to Boston!

Go Blue!!

MATT

UMich 1994