From:
Adam Wodon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Adam Wodon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Mar 1998 10:55:21 -0600
>I thought the only automatic bye went to teams that win both the
regular
>season and their conference tournament.  You indicated that BC would
>definitely win a bye if they win the HE tournament.  I don't think it
would
>be automatic.  The PWR would still need to be considered.  What if
Maine
>wins the HE tournament?  Would you say that they get an automatic bye?

If BC wins the Hockey East tournament, they will get a bye.

I didn't say it was automatic ... and I am using PWR.

If Maine wins the tournament --- then there's too many other factors to
determine it offhand, but check out John Whelan's site if you want to
know.

But if BC wins the tournament, I see no way they WON'T get a bye -- I
haven't crunched PWR numbers today - I rarely do -- but intuition,
memory and logic tell me it's true.

AW