From:
Paul Gentile <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paul Gentile <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Mar 1998 09:41:26 -0500
I agree, Heather ... Deron's notion of any change
of heart at Merrimack is absurd. But, I did
actually give it some thought myself this weekend.

The weekend's events have certainly got to get the
Merrimack Admin. to at least wonder if they were
foolish in their move. But, most likely, they'll
probably think that the move they made was what
actually motivated this occurence ... that if they
hadn't fired Anderson, the Warriors would have
lost to BU.

In any case, the idea that Parker might take on
Anderson is a good one. Especially if he loses
Durocher. Anderson and Parker were teamates once,
weren't they? A quote from Parker yesterday went
something like this - "Anderson is doing a
%*^#$ing great job ... and the fact that he's
doing it as a lame duck is pathetic". So, I'm sure
Parker sees great value in having Anderson aboard
... but will Anderson mind being an assistant. It
would certainly be a comfortable place to land
until he can secure another head spot somewhere
... if he doesn't get an offer this summer.