From:
"Greg R. Berge" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 10 Mar 1998 15:59:22 -0500
> Since we're talking play-off ideas, how about two-game total-goals at
> campus sites.  I know, I know, you've heard it before, but you're hearing

I hafta admit, I'm immediately repelled by this idea, but I was trying to
figure out exactly why.  For one thing, my team losing a total goals series
back when this used to be the system for the QF of the NCAA's, despite
splitting the two games, definitely bit the big one, and probably biases my
judgment.

But still it just seems to devalue the idea of what the unit of a "game"
is.  A 2-game total goals series is a 120 minute game.  If you are going to
do that, why not just have a single 60 minute game the way the Founding
Canuck Fathers intended?