From:
"Tuschen, Terry" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tuschen, Terry
Date:
Wed, 21 Jan 1998 09:44:48 -0600
This is very interesting and a good example of what happens when sports
teams coddle the corporate dollar.  When a team struggles, the "corps"
stop showing up.  Wisconsin too had some problems with empty seats the
last few years, due to their struggles. That is starting to  turn
around.  But, as far as I know, the good seats between the blue lines
were not sold-out to the corporate $ in Madison because those season
ticket holders have been there for many years.

I hope that when UW hockey moves to the Kohl Center, the UW officials
will fill the visible seats with deserving fans - students and
nonstudents - who want to come to the games, and keep the corporate $
locked away in their luxury boxes.