From:
Scott Monaghan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 24 Nov 1997 15:49:17 -0500
weise wrote:

> On Sun, 23 Nov 1997, Kepler wrote:
> > 2.  Dryden's record must be ECAC.  The NCAA record was set a few years ago
> > by Blaine Lacher of Lake State, and it is unbelievable -- nearly 300 minutes
> > if I recall correctly (I'm picking the highest number I can imagine, because
> > my reaction at the time was "that's not possible".  For that matter, the
> > record Lacher broke was, if I'm not mistaken, actually held by Brian Cropper
> > , the Cornell goalie who followed Dryden and had The Perfect Season.
>
> The record is an ECAC record, not NCAA. It *was* held by Brian Cropper,
> not Dryden - my mistake!!  ;-(
>
> -Andy

My memory is sketchy here,  but I researched the consecutive shutout
minutes record when Blaine was on his tear,  so I should be able to
piece it together.

Lacher actually broke a record held by a gentleman from North Dakota
named Schultz.  The old record was somewhere around 198 minutes (?). I'm
not sure,  however,  if that was an NCAA or amatuer record.  I cannot
for the life of me remember where I found it.   Barkan would claim I
made it up for PR,  but I didn't.

P.S.:  Preliminary US National Junior Team roster will be released later
this week.

Scott Monaghan
USA Hockey