From:
Arthur Berman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 2 Apr 1997 06:26:03 -0700
I approached the BU/Mich game with the feeling that the best team would
win, and I did not think that team would be wearing red.  As it happened,
if that was the only college game one saw and did not have background I
doubt that the game would have been thought to be an upset.  BU did
outplay Michigan and were well prepared to play that game.  How many times
BU might have won in a longer series is purely a matter for conjecture.
We'll never know.

Parker has never made any bones about some games being more important than
others.  He likes to take home silverware.  Over the years BU has
performed best in the big games (Lake State being a notable exception).
The format for the NC$$ tournament is familiar to all.  I've noted that a
bunch of Michigan fans have said that the best team did not win last year
but I don't read about any of them thinking Michigan should cede the
trophy to another "better" team.  You have to show up on the day.  I'm
more interested in "what ifs" when there are some serious injuries which
was not the case this year.

In turn, North Dakota did not panic when down 2-0, took the game to BU and
thoroughly deserve their national championship.  Rather than dwelling on
some poor sportmanship I'd like to congratulate North Dakota while
reminding them that the University of Alberta Golden Bears beat them twice
this year :-)

Arthur Berman [log in to unmask]
GO BU!!! GO ICE!!! GO GOLDEN BEARS!!!