From:
Eric Brace <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Eric Brace <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Mar 1997 16:25:15 -0500
> You know, this is at least the second time I've had to read a slap at the
> Michigan Hockey Band.  I'm forced to wonder why.

(Clipped for the sake of sanity)

> Roger Ruedisueli

Just a thought here, but maybe it has something to do with the fact that every
time I've ever seen the U of M Pep Band perform, I've had to listen to the same
four or five songs over and over (okay maybe five is an exaggeration, I think
it was more like three).  Furthermore, it seems that the things played at the
hockey games are the same things played at every sporting event.  It's just
staple material that gets spit out over and over again.  People cheer because
the music they hear is the stuff they always get to hear.  It's kind of like
going to the GLI and watching U of M fans who really aren't hockey fans cheer
just because it's good old U of M even though they don't have any idea what
the ref meant by off sides.  Not to say that there aren't some real die-hard
hockey fans cheering for U of M, but there ARE a lot of sheep just following
the rest of the herd.

My $.02 attempt at shedding light on a subject for someone.

                                        Eric Brace
                                        Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band

(The above is unsanctioned and unacknowledgeable by the MTU Huskies Pep Band in general)