From:
Eric Carlson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Eric Carlson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Jan 1997 21:58:45 -0900
Eeyore wrote:

> Erik Rasmussen was suspended for two games by the University.  It was
> stated during the broadcast that it was for improperly dropping and
> adding classes this last week.  I have no ideas what this means.
> Granted, I remember registration procedures around here as being a mess,
> but this shouldn't happen.  There are only two explanations I can come
> up with.  The first is that this is something incredibly nit-picky and
> if we knew the whole story, we'd be hooting about silly restrictions.

Well, he's not the only one.  Alaska Fairbanks has two players on the
current road trip who now cannot play for similar reasons, Kevin
Oakenfold and Jesse Lundgren.  Of course, they both have zero points on
the year and we got a win tonight.  It's a little different story with a
player of Rasumussen's impact I'm sure.

According to the Fairbanks Daily News Miner "Laurion was forced to shift
the lineup when fourth-line winger Kevin Oakenfold and reserve forward
Jessie Lundgren developed eligibility problems this week; they had not
fully registered for the spring semester and must sit out until the
problem is resolved, Laurion said."  Classes incidentally started in
Fairbanks on Thursday.  Oakenfold did play in the first three games of
the road trip before up to Tuesday.

Anyone else get hit by this?  I agree it's very hard to believe it can
happen.

Eric