From:
Jeffrey Anbinder <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 17 Jan 1997 09:35:18 -0500
> As to Jeff @Cornell commenting about my comment on
> Cornell..  too often teams in Red seem to ruin Clarkson's
> season.  Generally it has been BU and Cornell.  If you put it
> in the perspective of a Red Sox fan looking at the Yankees
> or the Dodgers, then you'll understand.

Oh, I understand... trust me, after four Superbowls for the Bills and
several Boston Garden trips in the late 80s and early 90s for Cornell, I
understand.  I just thought the way you expressed it was priceless.

> Just thought of something..  Outside of BC, all the other
> ECAC teams to win an NC$$ championship have had red in
> their school colors.  Memo to ECAC coaches, get red in the
> school colors.

I was about to disagree on behalf of Harvard, but then I recalled the
words of Jeff Pettiross, who once said, "Isn't Crimson, after all, just
an off-Red?"

Jeffrey