From:
Paul Gentile <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paul Gentile <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Jan 1997 09:07:58 -0500
Hi Mike,

     There is a well-known pattern around here that most of us are
aware of. That pattern is that whenever Minnesota loses, there's a
poster who writes about the horrendous officiating. This poster
always tries to disclaim the notion that they're blaming the
officials for the loss, but they never seem to fail to point it out
nonetheless. There is also a strong contingent of Gopher fans who'll
deny the allegations ( as Chad Doughty did last night ) so we don't
pay too much attention to the original claims.

     Not that the original claims are neccesarily totally unfounded
all the time - but it's like the "Boy who cried wolf." God knows
that I've gotten bent over the officiating at games and I know how
it can be so consuming to get caught up in it. But, as Chad points
out ... and as you did yourself ... wins and losses should always be
credited to the teams and the players. Looks like Denver is really
coming on and I wish you guys the best. Congrats on a huge win in
Minnesota. You guys beat an excellent team.

     As your coach has smartly reminded you guys often - "Only worry
about those things under your control." One of those things you
can't control is the opinion of fanatical fans under delusions of
prejudice and conspiracy. ;)

     May the guys on Lowell be as fortunate against UNH this weekend
as you guys were against Minnesota! Its going to be tough though.
UNH has lost three in a row and should be really fired up to kick
some butt.

Go Riverhawks!

Paul.