From:
Paul Gentile <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paul Gentile <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Jan 1997 09:05:23 -0500
>>> Jay Lau <[log in to unmask]>
01/12/97 01:35pm
>>> I saw Lowell in this game and I was
impressed with some of the
>>> rookies' performances.
>>> However, since Crowder recruited these
players before he left >>> for greener
pastures, what's going to happen in future
years? >>> With a coach that has proven
nothing yet and the worst rink in >>>
Hockey East (and possibly the worsest in
all of college hockey), >>> can Lowell do
well in the recruiting game in the future?

Good question, Jay. I'm not sure how things
went under coach Crowder, but I imagine
that his assistant for five years and now
current coach Whitehead must have been
heavily involved in the recruiting effort.
I think that some schools actually leave
the recruiting to the assistant coachs and
let the head coach handle the current
squad. I'm hoping that Whitehead was as
responsible for the current freshman class
as Crowder was and that this recruiting
effort will continue on at Lowell.

Worst rink in college hockey? Come on, Jay!
;) I've seen worst ... and heard of more.
If you polled Hockey-L for the worst rink,
I think your vote might be the only one
tagging Tully Forum. Besides the fact that
Lowell is building a brand new arena next
year that will seat 6000+, I kind of like
Tully Forum and I'm going to miss it. Its
practically always very warm, the seats
aren't comfortable but they're right on top
of the ice. There are clearly some
horrendous site lines in the seats at the
ends, but I've always sat in the middle. ;)