From:
Charles Bell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Charles Bell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Jan 1997 16:23:07 -0600
The second biggest dissapointment for the Christmas (the first being
having to shovel more than 50 inches of snow at my house in Missoula) was
watching FSN (Fox Sports Network) Rocky Mountain.  Back in the good old days
(early last year), Prime Sports used to show at least one college hockey game
from the WCHA every week or every other week.  NOT ANY MORE!  What did
they relace it with?  High School Basketball from FLORIDA!!!????!!!
To make matters worse, FSN decided to REPLAY the highschool game that night.
The only time that the TV Guide indicated college hockey was Midnight to 2 AM
on New Years Eve.  That turned out to be false, instead they had women's
basketball on.  I am sure that a slew of Rocky Mountain viewers would
have enjoyed watching the Denver Cup (afterall, Denver is the biggest
market in the Rockies) or UND taking on BU (#3 vs. #5 usually has good
ratings).  The logic of the executives at FOX completely escapes me.
                                                        charles
-
http://www.aero.und.edu/~cbell
-
P.S. To their credit, they do show the Colorado Avalanche.