From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Jan 1997 18:52:57 -0500
At 11:57 AM 1/3/97 -0700, Greenie wrote:

>However, I still think it's very curious to see that their "weakest" part
>of each season always seems to fall in December-Janary. Going back over the
>last couple of years (even into the late 80's, when BU was fairly
>mediocre), BU has generally come out to a real strong start. Certainly a
>major factor in this is that every year, regardless of how good/fair the
>team is supposed to be, both the players and students are revved up for
>hockey season.

Another factor here is that BU has produced top, young talent in recent
years, and they generally lose players to World Junior teams, and other
situations like that.  Certainly that can make an impact, especially when
you use Dave's point that they rarely lose two games in a row.

There are other factors as well, one being that I'm sure in that time BU has
finals that could wane on the preparation, as well as the holidays,
non-conference tournaments, long road trips, etc.

---
Deron Treadwell ([log in to unmask])