From:
John Haeussler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Haeussler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Dec 1996 16:07:00 EST
The University of Michigan has played the Detroit
Red Wings in a number of exhibition games over
the years (primarily in the 1950s?).  I don't have a
UM media guide handy or I'd pass on dates and
results.  I believe these games were more for
"entertainment" purposes than pitting an NCAA
team versus an NHL one.

And, an update from my recent CCHA rantings.  I've
been informed that the CCHA can issue supplementary
discipline action within 72 hours of the event in question,
at the request of one of the parties involved.  Hence,
reviewing game tape and suspending UM defenseman
Blake Sloan (at the request of Western Michigan, no
doubt) was all well and good.

So, I'm now longer confused by the precedent I thought
was being sent.  I'm now confused as to why this doesn't
happen more often.  I've seen far worse things (greater
injustices?) than Sloan's check go unpunished.

John H ([log in to unmask])
I suppose perpetual inconsistency is a form of consistency.