From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Nov 1996 18:04:36 -0400
At 1:25 PM -0500 11/13/96, Robb Newman wrote:
> This has me curious.  When did hockey become an NCAA sport, and who has the
> winningist NCAA record?

The first NCAA Ice Hockey Championship was held in 1948.

I don't know of any records that indicate a team's all-time record against
only NCAA teams.  And remember that many of the longtime programs played a
number of games against teams many years ago that would today be classified
as DivII or III.  There's just no way to know without doing extensive
research (i.e. it would probably take years to complete).

Mike Machnik                [log in to unmask]               *HMM* 11/13/93
*****   (Part-Time) Color Voice of Merrimack Hockey  WCAP 980 AM    *****