From:
"Ralph N. Baer" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ralph N. Baer
Date:
Wed, 13 Nov 1996 14:48:54 EST
Joe LaCour wrote:

> What NCAA D1 team has the frustrated their fans the
> most in post season?

> A) Clarkson
> B) Clarkson
> C) Clarkson
> D) Clarkson
> E) All of the above

> The frustrations are too many to list, but if "Around the
> Rinks" ever did a story on how often Clarkson seems
> to "fold" in March, the story would take hours.

> It is nice to have the most wins, etc.  But once, just
> once, I'd trade it all in for an NCAA title.

> See:  Red Sox, Boston;  Capitals, Washington

> Joe LaCour
> Clarkson '77 (and that was one of the worst!)

The reason that Clarkson always folds at the end of the season is by that
time RPI has usually been eliminated, and I switch my allegiance to
Clarkson.  This is the kiss of death and has been since, if memory serves
me right, 1966 when Clarkson got trounced by MSU in the NC$$ final despite
having beaten the same MSU team during the regular season.

Of course, it is nice to be able to be there at the end of the regular
season almost every year.

P.S. The Rangers did win in '94, so even Clarkson may eventually win.

Ralph Baer
RPI '68, '70, '74