From:
Robb Newman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Robb Newman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Nov 1996 13:25:27 -0500
Paul Gentile wrote:

CLARKSON is the WINNINGEST team in college hockey. Over 75 seasons,
they are 1,046-514-72  (.663)

This has me curious.  When did hockey become an NCAA sport, and who has the
winningist NCAA record?  Presumably, NCAA regulation and orgainization did quite
a bit to even out the teams.  As several people have pointed out, there aren't
nearly as many "blowout" games these days.  I'm not implying that Clarkson's (or
anyone else's) win percentage is inflated through years of sub-par competition,
just asking.  Anyone have NCAA stats?

Robb Newman
Let's Go Red!  Beat UVM!
Cornell 94,95