From:
Kevin Coty <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kevin Coty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Nov 1996 10:36:13 -0500
Tom Coates wrote:

>I would submit Paul Pooley, Providence coach.  He is still ranked number
>3 on the all time point total list for the CCHA during his career at OSU.
>
>What about Red Berenson was he a strong collegiate player? We all know he
>had a solid NHL career.

I can't believe I forgot Paul Pooley, possibly the best player in Ohio
State history.  He still holds 4 scoring records:  most career goals (114),
most career assists (155), most career points (269) and most points in a
season (96).

Red Berenson was definately a strong college player.  Here's a little quote
from the CCHA web site.

 "A three-year varsity letterwinner at Michigan under Al Renfrew, Berenson
was one of the top players in Wolverine hockey history. He earned
All-American and team MVP honors in both his junior and senior seasons
(1961-62). As a senior, Berenson led the Wolverines to second place in the
WCHA and third at the NCAA Championships. He set a Michigan record with 70
points (43-27) in just 28 games. The 43 goals and nine hat tricks in his
final season still stand as Michigan records. "

Even though I'm not a UOM fan, they have proven that they have a very
competitive hockey program.  It gives us here in Columbus something to
strive for.

My $0.02
Kevin Coty

Kevin Coty                                              "Earth, go figure"
Molecular Genetics Dept                                --John Lithgow
The Ohio State University
Columbus, OH 43210                                           (614) 688-4227
[log in to unmask]                                          FAX  (614) 292-4466