From:
Paul Gentile <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paul Gentile <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Oct 1996 13:08:56 -0400
Saw this in The Boston Globe this weekend.

Mike Grier, the former Boston University star and son of Patriots player
personnel director Bobby Grier reflects on his first week in the NHL with
the Edmonton Oilers" "I'm having a blast. Everythings happens so much
faster here, and that's what I have to keep adjusting to. I was lucky that I
lost 12 pounds before I went to camp and my skating improved from
what it was at B.U. I'm playing a regular shift but I haven't scored yet.
Had a couple of good chances but I didn't finish. I think the team wants
me to play defense and be physical, and that's what I've done. A couple
of guys tried to intimidate me, but I just laughed. I had a fight in preseason
and did OK. No problem. You don't fight in college hockey or really think
about it, so this is all different. I haven't yet learned what's the right time
to do it or how far to let something go. But in time, that will happen."