From:
Paul Gentile <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paul Gentile <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Oct 1996 16:16:52 -0400
>>> Alan Harder <[log in to unmask]> 10/09/96 03:39pm >>>
>>>I have read that Minnesota is incredibly deep and strong.  It surprises
>>>me that they only got two first place votes.

Someone left Minnesota off the list completely. Its not much of a surprise
to me seeing how they finished last year. You can say all you want
about how strong they "look" ... lets see how they play together. But, all
in all, they're getting a good deal of respect grouped in tightly with B.U.
and C.C. (Note, someone voted B.U. 15th and CC 14th *shrug*)

What surprises me though is the overwhelming stature of Michigan as #1
and Vermont clearly as the #2 (with only 1 first place vote). No one had
Michigan lower than 4th!!! 19 out of 25 1st place votes! Its clear in
everyone's mind who the team to beat is. Remember, the best Vermont
could muster was an 8th place rating going into the tourney. I guess
they've really convinced this forum with their playoff performance. ECAC
grabs 4 out of top 13? (5 out of 15) Another result of strong playoff
performance! Looks like the party-line is shifting. Maybe, Michigan's rep.
as a team who chokes is gone and looks like the ECAC has shut up a
few doubters also.

- Paul.