From:
MICHAEL SMAR <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
MICHAEL SMAR <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Apr 1996 10:04:16 CST
>        Finally, at the end of the article, the arrival of Mankato and
>Omaha-Nebraska are mentioned. Now, maybe I've missed something, or are we
>talking about the Nebraska of Dr. tom Osbourne and Danny Nee, or a
>smaller school located in Omaha, like a branch campus? Further, is there
>yet a hockey-l correspondent or anyone with some insight as to the
>progress of the program at this "Omaha mystery school"(again, pardon my
>ignorance)?
UNO is no more a branch campus of UN-Lincoln than UIC is a branch of
UIUC. UNO is home to the Health Sciences center of the UNiversity of
Nebraska. Just like UIC, UNO is the home of the College of Pharmacy,
Med. School, etc. There is one major difference however. UNO has to
compete with the powerful (sports) UN-Lincoln cornshuckers, whereas
UIC only has to compete with...well, you know the rest.
I don't know for sure, but I suspect UNO like UIC also offers non-health
related programs. I don't know their total enrollment, but I can tell
they don't like being considered the little sisters of UNL.

P.S. I don't know their team's name. Maybe they're the Corn Cobs? Don't
laugh. Here in SD we have a team known as the kernels ;)

Michael Smar                             /     /  /    / / /    /
College of Pharmacy, Box 2202C          /     /  /____  / _____/
South Dakota State University          /     /       / / /
Brookings, SD 57007-0099              /_____/  /____/ / /_____/

Medicines are nothing in themselves, if not properly used,
but the very hands of the gods, if employed with reason and prudence.
- Herophilus -