From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Mar 1996 17:46:59 -0500
At 02:56 PM 3/21/96 EST, Dave Hendrickson wrote:
>Somebody mentioned at the HE playoffs this past weekend that Saturday's Boston
>Herald carried a story about an agreement between HE and ECAC for inter-league
>play the next three years.  The two leagues would be broken down into three
>groups and the groups would play each other, with the groups changing each
>year.  Since the ECAC has 12 teams and HE has 9, then HE teams would play four
>different ECAC teams in year one, then another four in year two, and the
>remaining four in year three.  The ECAC teams would each play three HE teams,
>so there would be 36 total games (9*4, 12*3, for you non-math majors out
there).

I wonder two things immediately.  #1- when is this set to begin?  #2 When
was this approved?

The Maine schedule I have for next season has Maine playing only TWO ECAC
teams, not including Vermont who Maine plays in the Governor's Cup) so that
would lead me to believe it will not begin till 97-98.  Since most teams
have their schedules already done, and are already full, it would be
difficult for all the HEA and ECAC teams to go through their schedules and
reconfigure.  Incidently, Maine's schedule is full already.

Anyone in the know (Geoff, Mike??) comment further on this?
---
Deron Treadwell - [log in to unmask]
University of Maine - GO HOCKEY EAST!  KEEP THE HARDWARE HOME!
Owner/Administrator: Maine Hockey Discussion List
UMaine Hockey on the web:  http://maine.maine.edu/~dtread41/mehockey.html
---