From:
"Mark H. Anbinder" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 11 Mar 1996 06:31:18 GMT
Bill writes...

> That aside, getting his team off the ice as quickly as possible was
> probably a smart move by Vaughan the way this game was going.  Colgate was
> clearly "FRUS-trated", as the Lynah crowd delighted in chanting over the
> last few minutes of play, and I doubt a handshake would have passed without
> incident.

I see your point, but I'm not sure I agree that it's good policy. The
artificially imposed politeness might be precisely what sullen, irritated, or
frustrated teams need to put the game behind them. Avoiding the handshakes,
in situations in which they're traditional at least, would seem to risk more
and worse problems outside, later.

 Mark H. Anbinder                  |              [log in to unmask]
 Public Communications Inc.        |                      [log in to unmask]