Date:
Fri, 23 Feb 1996 12:40:36 EST
I notice this hasn't been posted, so I thought I would.
Travis was the cover story in yesterday's USA Today Sports
Section, including the first photos of him since the accident.
He still hasn't allowed an interview since that night.
However, his girlfriend and parents are interviewed for
this wonderful story.  Near the end of the story they discuss
Valentine's Day, and I can just see him sitting in his
bed, pen in mouth, practicing writing "Love, Travis"
for the card he was sending to Maija.

Its a great story, focusing on the positive things that have
happened since that night.  I hope you'll get a chance to
read it.

John Forsyth