From:
"Cheryl A. Morris" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cheryl A. Morris
Date:
Sat, 13 Jan 1996 12:52:34 EST
Thanks to Jason for posting a summary of last nights debacle.  I had more fun
things to do after the game--shovel my driveway.  With over a foot of fresh
powder and a meniacal snow plow operator that spelled a three hour job until
after midnight.  (I will try to stop whining.)

But the game bears no reporting, at least for an RPI fan.  Brown should be
saluted for seizing the opportunity for a road win.  They did what they needed
to, but it does take much these days to beat RPI.  I think at this point it's
evident that the Engineers are packing it in.  The final proof should be next
Saturday when they lose to Union at the Fielhouse.  The team is quitting, with
the seniors leading the way.  There isn't a single aspect of last night's game
which gives any evidence of effort.  There isn't even the minimal concentration
necessary to make a pass to a teammate anymore, and the power play is a
nightmare.  Fridgen in turn seems to be burying some of the freshman on the
bench in deference to the seniors.  And the seniors just don't care.

I will post the expected Harvard win tonight.  And try to come up with some
more though-out analysis.  But it's not just the weather that is depleting
the Fieldhouse of its fans.
Brian Morris                     RPI Engineers--it's a new year
==>Even my typing is breaking down--that should read it doesn't take much these
days to beat
RPI.