From:
"Kevin B. Powers" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kevin B. Powers
Date:
Tue, 9 Jan 1996 20:51:26 -0500
On Tue, 9 Jan 1996, Rob Cornelius

> The weekly hockey column in today's Cincinnati Enquirer had a couple
> columns on MiamiU goalie Eustice King, and mentioned that he is one of
> only 2 African Americans playing in Div1 hockey, along with Mike Grier.
> Is this the case? I'm sure there are others(Anson Carter comes to
> mind-though he may be Canadian of birth).
>
> My questions are: Is this guy wrong? and do Canadians refer to "persons
> of color" as African-Canadians?

It is quite possible that he was referring to only US born players.
Jamie Antione a junior forward at Union College is a "person of color",
he is from the Toronto Area.  Jamie played sparingly his first two
season, but has dressed and received significant ice time in the handful of
Union games I've seen this year.

KP