From:
Matt Wickey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Matt Wickey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Jan 1996 08:21:26 -0500

On Jan 6,  8:22pm, Karen Heasley wrote:
> Subject: Colorado College 7, Minnesota-Duluth 3
> Colorado College sets a new WCHA record tonight by going 18 games undefeated
> as they complete a sweep of Minnesota-Duluth by defeating them 7-3.
>-- End of excerpt from Karen Heasley

I have a question about this.  Colorado College recently lost to Denver in
a holiday tournament.  I understand that this was not an *official* game
and doesn't count toward the WCHA season standings.  But is it really
honest to give credence to this "record"?  Does it matter to anyone that
CC did, in fact, lose to another WCHA team while setting an undefeated
WCHA record?

This is in no way meant as a slam toward CC.  They have a remarkable team
with an equally remarkable season.  I'm just wondering if anyone else has
considered this.

--
Matt Wickey                                 LSSU '86
CIMLINC Inc.                                National Champs 88 92 94