From:
Alan Harder <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Alan Harder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Nov 1995 08:35:40 -0500

>> Wcha is pound per pound a better conference, I think this why you
>> saw some many teams in the Playoffs from our Division.

 >      Last year we had 4 teams in the Playoffs (NCAA nationals) The
 > WCHA is powerful from the top down to the bottom...The CCHA is what
 > U Mich and MSU and LSSU, and maybe one more team BGSU, Yeah Western
 > Mich has won a few games but have they won a conference title yet
 > no, .....

First you argue that the wcha is tough from top to bottom, and then
you negate Western Michigan because they haven't won a title yet.  So
do you then negate all of the "bottom" wcha teams that haven't won a
conference title?

 > I'd take the top 5 in the WCHA any day against the top 5
 > in the CCHA and I bet you'd be surprised I don't think that you
 > would be as dominant as you think...

I never declared the ccha dominant, I merely asked you to support your
argument that the wcha is vastly superior to the ccha.

 > THe gophers have lost to only
 > Two (to one one team) Non-Conference Foe in the last two years that
 > was BU, rightfully so......I'd also take CC against any team in the
 > CCHA or Hockey east or the ECAC, naturally BU would probably win,
 > but it would be close (we all know they ae the team to beat).

But you still haven't given any statstistics, non conference game
results, or anything else concrete to back up your claims.  Just a lot
of bold statements, not backed up by anything tangible.

 > besides what the Hell did you use to base your statement on that
 > you would win 7 out of 10 games against us hell we got two
 > allready...

I didn't make that statement, and if you had bothered to actually read
my post, you would have noticed that I questioned that idea as well.
Neither the guy who made the statement you were objecting to nor you
backed up your bold statements with any kind of proof.  All you have
done is make more bold statemnts and waved your arms.

I'm still waiting for any kind of statistical or other proof that the
wcha is the best conference.  Until I see such proof, I will continue
to assume it is nothing more than hot air escaping from a bag of wind.

-Alan Harder
 Go Blue!

The above commentary, which does not *even* represent the opinion of
the American Mathematical Society, is sold by weight, not by volume.
Some settling of the contents may have occurred during shipping.