From:
Alan Harder <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Alan Harder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Nov 1995 13:51:24 -0500

 > On Wed, 29 Nov 1995, John Haeussler wrote:
>>  -- Minnesota is the best team Michigan has faced this season.
>> That said, the general consensus among the Michigan section was
>> that the Wolverines would win 7 of 10 if they played on a regular
>> basis.

I'd be interested in *why* you came to this conclusion!

 >         this is where I think you are wrong the gophers have beat
 > the wolverines 2 games in a row and you have nothing to base this
 > on.

First, that's two games in a row over a two year period.  Last year's
results have no bearing in this discussion.  His statement, which I
don't necessarily agree with, was about this year's versions of the
two teams.

I'm guessing he was basing it on total shots, or just a feeling on who
was carrying the play.  But I didn't see the game, so I really don't
know who carried the play.

 > The Wcha is pound per pound a better conference, I think this
 > why you saw some many teams in the Playoffs from our Division.

Talk about having nothing on which to base a statement!  Please, I'd
be very interested in your detailed analysis that proves that the wcha
is pound per pound (whatever the heck that means) a better conference
than the ccha.

Anxiously awaiting your further explanation,

-Alan Harder
 Go Blue!