From:
Kurt Stutt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kurt Stutt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Jul 1995 16:28:33 -0400
It's about time I got into this, since my records of RPI Hockey
contain everything RPI has plus all the stuff I've researched myself.
As a note, I've researched more than they've ever had.

Now, here's the bottom line:

Dick Greenlaw made 78 saves on 12/14/65 at Boston University, just
as on page, well, a late page in the '94-95 RPI media guide (the pages
aren't numbered).  I also looked this one up in the newspaper some
time ago.

Aside-
If you want to know more, the Gordie Peterkin records for points in a
game and assists are suspect.  I have seen no evidence to support what
the media guide says, but there is evidence to say he only had 8 assists
and 12 points (not the 9 and 13 listed).

Back to Dick Greenlaw-

The ECAC Guide has the same info, but lists the game being played
in 64-65.  The ECAC Guide is incorrect, and it's not the only mistake
in there (piece of crap).

The Boston University Media Guide has the following records-

Most saves-Opposing goalie
    78 vs. RPI (65-66)

Which is correct.

Most Shots on Goal
   Game:  87 vs. RPI (11-30-65)

I saw this and thought, well, at least they got the season right.
Then I cross-referenced this with the RPI game listings (which
I gave to RPI, by the way), and to my surprise, RPI did play
on 11-30-65, and lost 9-0 on the road, just like on 12-14-65.

However, they lost to Boston College.

Then I burst out laughing.

Boston University confusing itself with Boston College.
I hope I never hear anyone at BU complaining if someone
outside the University does the same thing.

 One was never married, and that s his hell;
  another is, and that s his plague.
--Robert Burton
--------
Kurt Stutt     ([log in to unmask])