From:
Ralph Baer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ralph Baer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Jul 1995 05:27:58 -0500
Thanks to Brian Morris for posting highlights of the RPI Dinner
honoring the 1985 championship dinner.  Last Sunday to honor this team
I wore the t-shirt that I bought at the time while riding my bike in
the 90+ degree heat.  Somehow, it didn't seem appropriate as I was
doing this.

Let me add that Darren Puppa was from Kirkland Lake, Ontario and is a
nephew of Ralph Backstrom.  I remember that when Puppa signed with
Buffalo after the 84-85 season that he had built into his contract a
bonus if he completed his degree.  While RPI alumni publications have
discussed Adam Oates coming back until about 1991 to finish his
degree, I never heard if Puppa received his.  Did he get his from
Denver?

Ralph Baer
RPI '68, '70, '85