Date:
Mon, 10 Apr 1995 19:29:05 -0400
Check out what Bob Hall scrawled:

> An interesting question arose during the social hour prior to the BG awards
> banquet Saturday night ... exactly what is the origin of the term "Five
> Hole" as applied to shooting the puck between the goalies legs? ... Can
> we therefore assume that each goalie carries a Two Hole and a Ten Hole
> at each respective armpit? ... (you can see where that conversation was
> going). Anyway, your help is appreciated.

Interesting that this should come up now...John Vanbiesbrouck, on Fox NHL
Sunday (yesterday) was talking about coming out and cutting down the
angle on opposing shooters.  According to the Beezer:

1-Hole   Goalie's Right Shoulder
2-Hole   Goalie's Right Skate
3-Hole   Goalie's Left Shoulder
4-Hole   Goalie's Left Skate

As Fox would say, just "Leave it to Beezer".  :-)

Dan Lee    **    Bowling Green State University    **   [log in to unmask]
"If most of us were wind-up toys, could we trust the few of us who
weren't to wind us up when necessary?  I think not."  --King Missile