From:
Kevin Todd <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kevin Todd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Mar 1995 04:01:22 EST
As for whether it is SLU's defense or Owen that was the problem...
     1)  Clint is a solid goalie and we will see next year what
         he can really do....(stats are not everything!)

     2)  SLU would be a powerhouse if Kungle could be on the ice for
         60 minutes a game....the other team would never score a
         goal if we could have 6 or 8 of him:-)

I can't comment on Koenig I haven't seen him enough, but for those
that put D. Murphy on their rookie/honor list I can't agree.  I
watch all the replays of the Clarkson games on the network here
and I can't say that I'm all that impressed with his performance
(he has nice stats though:-)  I'm sure some will disagree with me
on this point, but I would personally take Owen anyday over what
I have seen of Koenig and of Murphy.  I think the only thing truly
hurting Owen is that he did not play much at the end of the season
because he was injured.

As for the rest of my comments:
     -Are people over looking Derek Ladouceur from SLU too?  For the
      number of games he played, he did quite well for himself.
      [6g, 21a - 27pts] (Or does SLU have a limit here;-)

     -Going along with what Scott said earlier, I don't understand
      how some people could put Thom Cullen (I don't want to take
      anything away from him...he is super:-) on the All-ECAC teams
      and not consider Kungle or Creurer....IMHO both are better
      defensemen than Cullen.  Also, the reason that Cullen could
      put up the numbers that he did (9g and 19a - 28pts) was that
      he could consistently join the offense as he was being
      defensively covered by Kungle (plus the fact that he would make
      a wonderful center):-)

Guess that is all the rambling I'll do for now...I'm sure everyone
will let me know what they think:-)

P.S.  I believe the reference that was made to Gaudet being "ref-of-
the-year" was making light of the SLU-Brown game in which a Brown
goal was waved off by both referees, play was about to start again
and then Gaudet spoke to the ref and the goal was allowed (it was
the game winning goal I believe).

Oh Yeah, one last comment (sorry).  I can't remember who it was that
said it, but Joe Marsh #4 on list of coach of the year?  Maybe in the
past I would have agreed with you, not this year.  Hopefully he will
be back to his outstanding self next year:-)