From:
Carl Sussman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Carl Sussman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Mar 1995 12:51:51 EST
I know when you get beaten like a rented mule there is a tendancy to declare th
e team that did it to you as the greatest thing since sliced bread.  But last n
ight Clarkson truly was awesome.  Brown clearly dominated the first five minute
s of play, with constant pressure and a flurry of near misses.  Then Clarkson w
oke up and played better than I have seen any ECAC team play since Harvard at l
ast year's ECAC final four.  Did Brown play its best hockey last night? NO.  Wo
uld we have won if we had?  NO WAY.  I honestly don't think any team in the cou
ntry could have stopped Clarkson last night.  During one of Clarkson's power pl
ays I watched them pass the puck at will and was left to incoherently babble
"They're good...they're good...they're really good..." until they inevitably fo
und the back of the net.  My roomate standing next to me turned to me and said,
 "That's an NHL caliber power play;" he was right.
This was not the teamn that lost to Vermont last week, or the one that lost to
Cornell the week before.  I just hope that of we meet Clarkson in the tourny, t
hat team shows up.  And I hope tonight against St. Lawrence Brown does show up.
..after all, second place is still on the line, and it would be nice to make it
 to the finals before we have to play Clarkson again.  Personally, I could wait
a lot longer...

                                               Ever true to Brown (anyway)
                                               Carl Sussman

P.S. I got into it with RPI's back-up sieve when they came to Brown, the guy is
just an asshole.  Fro what I hear of the Cornell game I guess the team is a bun
ch of assholes...something I always suspected anyway.