From:
"Jeffrey M. Beyer" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 3 Mar 1995 17:22:53 EST
--- Andrew Weise wrote:
I can't echo these statements any better. Has anybody ever seen more of a
mess than we are witnessing right now? I don't remember any playoff
race where ALL 12 teams were not officially eliminated before the final
weekend of the regular season.
--- end of quoted material ---
As a first-year follower of the ECAC, this is a particular treat to me, because
I seem to have caught the league in a year of real parity.
It's interesting to note than not only are all 12 teams still alive for the
playoffs, but every single team is PLAYING FOR SOMETHING this weekend.
Sometimes the last few playoff spots can still be up for grabs, while the top
spots are already decided.
But EVERYONE has something to play for: Clarkson and Brown for the Top spot;
Yale, Cornell, Union and Dartmouth for a playoff spot; and the other 6 for
home-ice in the first round!